Yale Dermatopathology is currently the most sophisticated and technically advanced laboratory in the region. We provide diagnosis of the highest quality for routine and specially stained sections. The laboratory is equipped with all of the commonly used and some of the more esoteric immunoperoxidase techniques, is providing diagnostic services based on immunofluorescence and molecular biologic techniques in addition to standard diagnostic tests.
Easy to read, final diagnostic reports are available in 32 hours from specimen receipt. Reports are offered in a variety of formats including:
- direct and immediate dual reporting-via telephone confirmed by fax-for critical diagnoses such as melanoma
- custom delivery via fax, courier and/or mail
- web access through MDlink at Yale-New Haven Hospital
Complimentary glass slides are provided to contributors upon request.
Access web-based Dermpath reports at your convenience, routine results are available within 24 hours of receipt of specimen.
Easily search, view, download, and print results dating back to the fall of 2004.
To request access and create your ID:
Need help searching for results in IRMA:
Complex cases are reviewed in conference by multiple dermatopathologists with diverse subspecialty training, ensuring that all aspects of a case are considered.
When further input is needed we interact seamlessly with other Yale resources such as genetics, pathology, laboratory medicine and Yale Cancer Center. We coordinate multiple lab tests and consultations efficiently and quickly and render a consolidated diagnosis to you.
We provide clinicopathologic correlation with complimentary review of all laboratory materials for any patient referred to Yale Dermatology Grand Rounds.
Difficult cases are evaluated in conference daily.
As part of our consultative service, we provide additional expert opinion and diagnosis on slides prepared and originally diagnosed elsewhere. Such cases include complicated lymphomas, melanomas, and other cases for which contributing dermatologists and pathologists request either diagnostic help or additional evaluation. We also review outside material for patients being referred to other Yale Medical Group specialties for their care.
Please direct inquiries toMary Hajducky
Complimentary services include:
- Clinicopathologic correlation with complimentary review of all laboratory materials for any patient referred to Yale Dermatology Grand Rounds
- Courier service to suit the needs of your practice, including on-call pickup
- Top-quality specimen collection supplies
- Annual statistical reports regarding biopsy diagnoses
- Delivery of diagnostically relevant medical articles
Special services include:
- Inflammatory Dermatoses
- Spitzoid Neoplasms
Using the highest quality stained sections, we provide an array of standard and specialized diagnostic tests. Specialized techniques for diagnosing life-threatening diseases such as melanoma, lymphoma, leukemia, autoimmune blistering dermatoses and other inflammatory diseases, include:
- cutting-edge immunohistochemical studies
- direct, indirect and salt-split immunofluorescence studies
- access to B-cell and T-cell receptor gene rearrangement PCR analysis at Yale
- access to molecular diagnostics, electron microscopy and flow cytometric immunophenotyping at Yale
Our Laser Capture Microdissection Microscope is located in LCI 512 for use at an hourly fee. Please contact Vinny Klump at 203-737-4217 / email@example.com if you are interested in using this machine.
- Internal Sponsored Customer - $88/hr
- Internal Non-Sponsored Customer - $90/hr